The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) invites you to embark on a rewarding career as a Customer Service Specialist Intermediate. At the DNR, we are deeply committed to the conservation and management of the state's natural resources, ensuring outdoor recreation opportunities, fostering economic development, and contributing to a sustainable quality of life for all Minnesotans.
As a Customer Service Specialist Intermediate, you will play a crucial role in our efforts to serve the public and maintain the vitality of our natural resources. Your primary responsibilities will include processing sales and providing information related to game and fish licenses, passes, lottery applications, commercial licenses, registrations, and title transactions. You will be stationed at the front counter of the Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Saint Paul, MN, where you will interact with walk-in customers.
Furthermore, this role involves processing watercraft registration and ATV registration applications, addressing inquiries from internal and external clients regarding recreational vehicle registration and titling, and providing support at special events.
- Proficiency in customer service practices and principles to meet customers' needs and evaluate satisfaction.
- Basic math skills to balance daily sales transactions and calculate various numerical data.
- Data entry skills for inputting vehicle and customer information into an electronic licensing system.
- Effective communication skills for interacting with colleagues and clients in various formats (in person, writing, phone, presentations, and electronic correspondence).
- Competence in word processing and keyboarding to create and edit emails, memos, reports, and other documents.
- Database management and record-keeping skills for retrieving information and generating reports.
- Knowledge of state and federal recreational vehicle, license, and title laws and the ability to convey this information accurately to clients.
- Familiarity with game and fish laws and rules.
- Understanding of state sales tax laws related to recreational vehicle registration/titling, and registration and title fees.
- Experience in managing confidential data while processing registration applications and title documents.
- Experience in over-the-counter sales.
- Effective public relations skills, especially in dealing with challenging clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of departmental organization, policies, rules, and regulations governing natural resources.
Applicants must verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check, including a conflict of interest review, criminal history check, education verification, employment reference/records check, and license/certification verification.
Why Work for Us:
Joining the MN Department of Natural Resources offers you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of Minnesotans. Your work will contribute to the conservation of the state's natural resources and support outdoor recreation, economic development, and a sustainable quality of life.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the state's population, ensuring varied experiences and perspectives strengthen our ability to serve all Minnesotans. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life balance components, including a public pension plan, training and professional development, paid leave, parental leave, low-cost medical and dental coverage, vision coverage, wellness programs, and more.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is an equal-opportunity employer, affirming its commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If you require accommodations during the application process, please contact us, and we will provide the necessary assistance.
If you're ready to contribute to the preservation and enhancement of Minnesota's natural resources and provide exceptional customer service, apply for the Customer Service Specialist Intermediate position today. We look forward to having you on our team, and helping us create a better Minnesota for all.