Salary Range: $14.00 Hourly Onwards
The role of a Surveillance Officer I at Mountaineer Park Inc. is a pivotal one in ensuring the safety, security, and integrity of the resort's operations. This position comes with a vital responsibility - to maintain a watchful eye over various areas within the resort. The job entails monitoring table games, slot operations, non-gaming areas, and more to ensure adherence to rules and policies. Here's an in-depth look at what it entails:
As a Surveillance Officer I, your core duty is to maintain continuous video surveillance of key areas throughout Mountaineer Casino. Your watchful eyes will be essential for safeguarding the operations of the resort.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Table Games Monitoring: Following comprehensive training, you will be expected to become proficient in monitoring all table games. Your role involves ensuring that both dealers and customers comply with the rules of each game.
2. Slot Operations: Surveillance Officers will closely observe the activities within the slot operations area. This includes tracking the movement of cash within the cage, vault, and count room.
3. Non-Gaming Areas: Your responsibility extends beyond the gaming floor. You will also monitor non-gaming areas, such as the employee dining room (EDR), hallways, parking lots, and other parts of the resort, ensuring safety and security.
4. Documentation: To maintain a comprehensive record of activities during your shift, you will be required to prepare daily logs. Additionally, you will need to create typed observation and policy violation reports.
5. Ad Hoc Responsibilities: Be prepared to take on any other duties as assigned, which may include assisting in various security-related tasks.
In this role, you will directly report to the Director of Surveillance, and your hierarchical structure extends to the Vice President/General Manager.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication and politeness are essential attributes for this role, as you may need to interact with various stakeholders.
- Professional Appearance: Maintaining a neat and professional appearance is a must at all times.
- Computer Literacy: Proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office is crucial for operating the surveillance systems and documenting your observations.
- Teamwork: As a part of the surveillance team, you should collaborate efficiently with your colleagues.
- Shift Availability: The job requires flexibility, and you should be available to work during all shifts.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Background Check: Successful candidates will need to pass a background investigation.
- WV Racing License: You are required to obtain and maintain a WV Racing License.
- Table Game License: The role mandates obtaining and maintaining a Level 2 Table Game License through the WV Lottery.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
While a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, it is not mandatory. Prior security or surveillance experience is helpful but not essential, as comprehensive training will be provided.
The job requires sitting for prolonged periods in close proximity to fellow employees. You should be detail-oriented and capable of multitasking. The role also involves physical activities like pushing, pulling, kneeling, twisting, and occasionally carrying or lifting up to 25 lbs.
Surveillance Officers can expect to work in a dynamic environment, which may include exposure to noise, smoke or secondary smoke, and seasonal elements. Adaptability to this environment is essential for the role.
Working as a Surveillance Officer I at Mountaineer Park Inc. can play a fulfilling and important role in maintaining the security and integrity of the resort. The job offers opportunities for growth, as well as the chance to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. If you are a candidate with the requisite skills and attributes, this role could be a great fit for you.