The Lottery Fundraiser - Home based position at St David's Hospice Care is a unique role responsible for driving fundraising efforts through the sale of lottery tickets. The primary objective of this position is to maximize revenue for the hospice by promoting the hospice lottery and increasing its membership base.
Key responsibilities of the Lottery Fundraiser include:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the hospice lottery, in conjunction with the Fundraising Manager.
- Engaging with potential lottery members and promoting the benefits of joining the hospice lottery to increase membership.
- Organizing and conducting regular lottery draws, managing the collection and processing of payments, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Building and maintaining relationships with lottery members to ensure high retention rates and continued support.
- Conducting market research and analysis to identify new opportunities and implement new initiatives to drive fundraising efforts.
- Representing the hospice at community events and public functions to promote the lottery and other fundraising activities.
- Collaborating with other departments within the hospice, such as marketing and communications, to ensure that fundraising efforts are aligned with the overall hospice strategy.
- Maintaining accurate records of lottery sales, revenue, and expenses, and providing regular reports to the Fundraising Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for fundraising and a proven track record of success in a similar role. They should be highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with members and supporters. Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and experience in managing lottery draws is desirable. Additionally, strong organizational skills and attention to detail are necessary to manage the day-to-day operations of the lottery program. Finally, a commitment to the mission and values of St David's Hospice Care and an understanding of the importance of fundraising for the organization's sustainability are also essential. This role is home-based, but some travel within the hospice's catchment area may be required.