The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency is a crucial revenue source for the state of Maryland, funding vital programs and services, including education, public health and safety, human resources, and environmental initiatives. Apart from managing lottery product sales, MLGCA is responsible for overseeing the state's casino gaming program, ensuring regulatory compliance, and providing guidance to casino partners. This agency also regulates sports wagering, daily fantasy sports, electronic bingo, and instant ticket lottery machines at veterans' posts. The gaming industry in Maryland operates year-round, 24/7.
- Location: Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, 1800 Washington Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Product Development Department and assist its team members in product and game development. The role involves various administrative tasks and demands attention to detail and time management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is crucial to accomplishing assigned tasks. The Product Development department's mission is to create products and initiatives that generate revenue for the state.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Instant Ticket Audits and Game Records: Auditing new instant ticket games, checking scratch quality, non-winning string limiters, and guaranteed winners per book. Managing physical and digital game files for instant tickets and Fast Play games.
2. Product Management Coordination: Reviewing working papers and development specs, providing comments to team members, creating draft launch plans for instant tickets and Fast Play games, and monitoring adherence to responsible gaming principles.
3. Administrative Support: Organizing and managing digital and physical files, ensuring vendor deliverables are received and saved, updating the Product Plan based on department activity, and creating memos and documents for review. Managing department procurements and reimbursements and attending meetings to take notes.
4. Industry Reporting: Monitoring lottery industry trends and noting product trends, business strategies, and opportunities. Providing concise recaps of industry information.
5. Other Duties: Performing additional tasks as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Experience: One year of administrative or professional work. Alternatively, candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours or military service experience involving staff work.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Experience in conducting situational research and compiling reports.
- Project management experience in deadline-driven environments.
- The ability to consolidate input from multiple parties and communicate effectively.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
Employees in this role may be required to possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license in the State of Maryland if assigned duties involving vehicle operation.
Candidates will be assessed based on their description of job duties and responsibilities. The recruitment process will rank successful candidates as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified, and they will be placed on the eligible list for at least one year.
Employees will be eligible for the State of Maryland's benefits package.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application. All relevant qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants will be evaluated based on their description of job duties and responsibilities, so it's essential to provide comprehensive information.
The online application process is recommended, but alternatives are available for those unable to use it. Questions can be directed to the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency's contact information provided in the job description.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people with disabilities and bilingual applicants, to apply. They also express gratitude to veterans for their service.