The Administrative Assistant, Security & Compliance, plays a key confidential role in supporting the Security & Compliance Department of the Massachusetts State Lottery Commission (referred to as "the Lottery"). This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the daily functions and operations of the Department, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, systems, and regulations that uphold the integrity of the Lottery.
- Coordinate and track the outcomes of the Department's reviews and investigations related to Lottery players, agents/store owners, physical inventories, and equipment. Ensure compliance with federal/state statutes, Lottery rules, regulations, policies/procedures, and internal controls.
- Monitor and manage monthly State Comptroller/Department of Revenue reports, including frequent cashier reports and player activities.
- Provide technical support to Department staff, exercising sound decision-making and possessing general knowledge of Lottery operations.
- Serve as a liaison between the Director, Assistant Director, and their staff when necessary.
- Coordinate Security & Compliance Departmental staff meetings and maintain accurate minutes.
- Conduct research, provide technical and analytical support as needed, and access various systems such as the Enterprise Series Dashboard Portal, OnBase, and the Department's case tracking system.
- Assist in preparing relevant documents for Department hearings and court appearances.
- Closeout Lost-Stolen cases and execute necessary actions in the Enterprise Series Dashboard Portal based on recommendations from the Director and Assistant Director.
- Finalize Department policies, procedures, and proposals made by the Director and Assistant Director.
- Uphold high standards to ensure information integrity and the adequacy of internal controls.
- Perform administrative duties, including copying, scanning, and filing files; scheduling and tracking meetings; typing memorandums and letters; writing and sending emails to Department team members, other Lottery Departments, and external State Agencies and Departments; and other assigned administrative tasks.
- Given the nature of the Department's work, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively coordinate and prioritize data and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Considerable knowledge of Lottery and Multi-State Lottery Association operations, products, and games, with the ability to apply this knowledge to work situations.
- Proficiency in utilizing various software programs associated with the position, including Microsoft Word, Teams, Excel, Access, OnBase, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with all departments and represent the Lottery in a professional manner.