"The History of Safer Gambling" explores the evolution and foundations of safer gambling practices, with an introduction to the pioneering Reno Model. It examines the harm minimization approach, which strikes a balance between prohibitionist and libertinism. The module delves into the proposed strategies of the Reno Model, emphasising the purpose and necessity of safer gambling measures. Learners will also understand what constitutes a successful safer gambling strategy and the crucial role it plays in mitigating company liability and associated risks.
- Trace the origins of safer gambling practices and the influence of the Reno Model.
- Understand the harm minimization approach as a balanced framework.
- Explore the proposed strategies of the Reno Model.
- Recognize the importance and purpose of safer gambling measures.
- Comprehend the components of a successful safer gambling strategy and its impact on company liability.